This policy also explains your choices about how we use information about you, including how you can object to certain uses of the data, as well as how you can access or update certain information about you. If you do not agree with this policy, please do not use our Services.
“Personal Information,” as used in this Policy, is information that specifically identifies an individual, such as an individual’s name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. Personal Information also includes information about an individual’s activities, such as information about his or her activity on our Service, and demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when any of this information is linked to Personal Information that identifies that individual.
Personal Information does not include “aggregate” or other non-personally identifiable information. Aggregate information is information that we collect about a group or category of products, Service, or users that is not personally identifiable or from which individual identities are removed.
We collect information about you either when you provide it to us or use our Services, or in some cases, when other sources provide it to us.
Voluntarily-Provided Information Collection
We primarily collect information about you when you provide it to us directly, or use our software:
- Our Service collects geo-location information when you use our mobile or web application. This information may include your physical location, such as street address, latitude and longitude, and Internet Protocol address, and the time of recording the location or the duration at that location.
- Our Service collects data from our mobile application and unmanned aerial vehicles (“UAVs” or “drones”), including telemetry data, map data, location data, and data regarding the systems of the vehicles. Data captured from craft and operators is stored indefinitely unless required by law, or requested for deletion by participant individuals or organizations.
- We may offer an e-mail newsletter from time to time. If you sign up to receive a newsletter from us, we collect your e-mail address. Similarly, when we host conferences, we’ll gather the information necessary for us to plan your participation in that conference.
- Our Service gives you the ability to register for an Avision Inc. account or to create and update a user profile. We will collect the personal information that you provide to us in the course of registering for an account or creating or updating a user profile. This information may include, for example, name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address. Some personal information is required for you to register for the account or to create the profile, and some is optional.
- Our Service may contain interactive functionality that allows you to engage with other users on the Service, to post comments to forums, to upload photographs, map data, telemetry data, location data and other content (the “User Materials”), participate in surveys, and otherwise to interact with the Service and with other users. If you use any interactive functionality on our Service that request or permit you to provide us with personal information, we may collect this information as well.
- We collect payment and billing information when sign up for our paid Services, including name and contact information. You might also provide payment information such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services.
LAANC Data Definition:
LAANC (low altitude authorization and notification capability) Data is the information entered into the functions defined in the USS-FAA LAANC Interface Control Document (ICD) and USS-FAA LAANC Memorandum of Agreement, that either sends to the FAA or receives from the FAA, for the purpose of processing or managing LAANC authorizations. LAANC Data includes:
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) data that is collected, handled, shared, or stored, for the purpose of processing or managing LAANC authorizations (e.g., the operator’s first name, last name, phone number, and email address).
- All non-PII data collected, handled, shared, or stored, for the purpose of processing and managing LAANC authorizations (e.g., start date, time, and duration of the operation; maximum altitude; geometry airspace class(es); submission reference code; safety justification for non-auto-authorized operation; and aircraft registration number used to obtain an authorization from the FAA).
Information becomes “LAANC Data” when the UAS Operator provides the information that is entered into the functions defined in the USS-FAA LAANC ICD, to, with the intent that such information be used for LAANC authorizations; or when Avision USS receives the information that is entered into the functions defined in the USS-FAA LAANC ICD from a third party, and subsequently the information is affirmatively validated by the UAS Operator, with the intent that such information be used for LAANC authorizations.
Passive Information Collection
When you use our Service, some information is collected automatically. For example, we automatically collect your browser’s Internet Protocol (IP), your browser type, the nature of the device from which you are visiting the Service (e.g., a personal computer or a mobile device), the identifier for any handheld or mobile device that you may be using, the Web site that you visited immediately prior to accessing any Web-based Service, the actions you take on our Service, and the content, features, and activities that you access and participate in on our Service. We also may collect information regarding your interaction with e-mail messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. When you operate UAV via the Service, we automatically collect information identifying the vehicle, flight path, flight logs and sensor data, where applicable.
We may collect this information passively using technologies such as standard server logs, cookies, and clear GIFs (also known as “Web beacons”) and geo-location tools. We use passively collected information to administer, operate, and improve our Services and systems, and to provide other content that is tailored to you.
If we link or associate any information gathered through passive means with Personal Information, or if applicable laws require us to treat any information gathered through passive means as Personal Information, we treat the combined information as Personal Information under this Policy. Otherwise, we use and disclose information collected by passive means in aggregate form or otherwise in a non-personally identifiable form. Please be aware that in the course of your use of the Services, websites or other Services provided by third parties (“Third-Party Services”), including marketing or website optimization vendors, may set “cookies” on your hard drive or use other means of passively collecting information about your use of their Third-Party Services or other Services or content. We also may make non-personally identifiable information available to Third-Party Services, and these Third-Party Services may collect such information, to assist them in understanding our users’ activities and usage patterns on the Services. If desired, you may use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on to opt-out of having information collected by Google Analytics.
We do not have access to, or control over, the actions of Third-Party Services. Each provider of Third-Party Services uses information that it collects in accordance with its own privacy and security policies.
Additionally, please be aware that Google and other third-party vendors may place or recognize one or more unique cookies on your computer when you use the Services, and may record information to these cookies based upon your activities on our Services and on third-party websites and other Third-Party Services. Google and these other third-party vendors may use information about those activities to inform, optimize, and serve advertisements. In particular, we may use Google and other third-party vendors to engage in “remarketing,” in which advertisements you see on third-party websites and Services may be based on your prior visits to our Services.
Avision Inc uses Google’s “Invisible CAPTCHA” (also know as reCAPTCHA) to block spammers and bots. Some of the browser and user information which the reCAPTCHA algorithm gathers includes Google cookies placed in the last 6 months, a count of mouse clicks, CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) information for that page, the date, the language your browser is set to, and any plug-ins you have installed in the browser.
To learn more about these practices, and to opt-out from Google’s and other vendors’ use of information collected on the Services through cookies for advertising purposes, you may visit
Google’s Ads Preferences Manager, TRUSTe’s Preference Manager, or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page. We are not responsible for the activities of other parties that may not comply with your opt-out requests.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you, including Personal Information, from third parties, and may combine this information with other Personal Information we maintain about you. If we do so, this Policy governs any combined information that we maintain in personally identifiable format.
How we use information we collect
We will use the information we collect for the purposes you’ve communicated to us, and to help us offer you better services. These include our efforts to improve and operate our Services, to secure and prevent fraudulent use of your information, and for other administrative purposes. We may also use your information to contact you regarding our Services, and offers, both from ourselves and from third parties, which we believe you may find of interest.
Legal bases for processing (EEA users)
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services.
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests.
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose.
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (though this will not affect any processing that has already taken place). Where we are using your information because we or a third party have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use, though in some cases this may mean no longer using the Services.
When we share information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent. These exceptions include:
- Service Providers: we may disclose Personal Information to third-party Service providers (such as for payment processing) which assist us in providing our services to you. We limit the Personal Information provided to these Service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such Personal Information. Avision Inc. understands its liability in cases of onward transfers to third parties.
- Public areas and related third-party services: some features on our Service may allow you to upload User Materials to public areas of the Service, such as content which you post in a public profile on the Service. We may make these User Materials available to Services operated by third parties which display content from the Site. Please be aware that any Personal Information that you include within any User Materials will be made available to other users and to these third-party services, who view it.
- Business Transfers: information about our users, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of Avision Inc. assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- To Protect our Interests: we also disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or it is in our interest to protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights or property of others, or otherwise to help protect the safety or security of our Service and other users of the Service.
You may access and control the information about you which we gather. You may access and update many categories of personal information by logging in to your account and accessing your account settings. If you wish to access, amend or delete any other personal information we hold about you, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you receive commercial e-mail from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the e-mail, or by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com. Additionally, you may view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial e-mail from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your opt-out request, and you may receive commercial e-mail from us during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding our Service.
If you request that we delete your account on any of our Services, we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your Personal Information if necessary to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
Privacy Shield Notice
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Avision Inc. commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to other sites
The Service may contain links to other websites, products, or Service that we do not own or operate. For example, the Service may contain links to upload data to another Web site or Service for processing on our behalf. If you choose to visit or use any Third-Party Sites or products or Service available on or through such Third-Party Sites, please be aware that this Policy will not apply to your activities or any information you disclose while using those Third-Party Sites or any products or Service available on or through such Third-Party Sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these Third-Party Sites or any products or Service on or through them.
Securing collected information
We take great efforts to secure and protect your personal data. Our services incorporate privacy by design, including technical and organizational measures to ensure we are providing the confidentiality and integrity that your data deserves. If there ever is a breach of those data, we will notify you as quickly as possible, as required by regulatory requirements.
Transfer of information internationally
Our servers and data centers are located in the United States. If you choose to use the Service from outside the U.S., then you should know that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of your region and into the U.S. for storage and processing. By providing your Personal Information to us through your use of the Service, you agree to that transfer, storage, and processing in the U.S. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. You should know that each region can have its own privacy and data security laws, some of which may be less stringent as compared to those of your own region.
Children’s safety is important to us, and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active interest in the online activities of their children. Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 on our Service, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have collected any such personal information on our Service, please notify us at email@example.com.
If you have questions about this Agreement or about Avision Inc., please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates to this Policy
We occasionally update this Policy. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date of the Policy. Your continued use of our Service after such changes will be subject to the then-current policy. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we collect, use, and disclose your information.
Last Updated: July 26th, 2020